Interested to stay in an island with free foods, free stay and free education. Yes, you read it right. The very famous and scandalous self-proclaimed god-man, Swami Nithyananda Paramashivam has again come into the news headlines. Rape accused escapee Swami Nithyananda, according to sources, has formed his very own nation and named it Kailaasa.
Swami Nithyananda also called A. Rajasekaran born on 1 January 1978 is a self-declared Indian god man and leader of a Hindu religion. He is currently facing a rape case in Karnataka and 7 cases of fraud in India and the US. His foundation Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam is reported to possess temples, gurukulas, and ashrams across many countries.
Few facts about Swami Nithyananda
1. Nithyananda was born A. Rajasekaran, in Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu. His father was Arunachalam and mother was Lokanayaki.
2. Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam, a religious organisation founded by Nithyananda, hosts cultural events in United States as well as India.
3. They hold two Guinness world records, for largest yoga classes.
4. In 2010, Sun TV(Karunanidhi family owned) reported of video recordings that showed Nithyananda and two females, together with actress Ranjitha (who was one of his followers), in a bedroom. The story became viral among news media.
5. Nithyananda’s ex-driver Lenin Karuppan admitted to filming them in secret; he allegedly lost faith in his guru after seeing him sleeping around with other women.
6. In 2012, Swami Nithyananda was recognized as 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living people by Watkins’ Mind Body Spirit Magazine.
7. Nithyananda and Ranjitha had claimed the video to be fictitious and accused Sun TV of extortion; however, an investigation by the Forensic Sciences Laboratory in Bengaluru confirmed that Nithyananda and Ranjitha were the two people shown in the tape.
8. In February 2013, the title of Mahamandaleshwar was conferred on Nithyananda in a closed ritual by the Panchayati Mahanirvani Akhara.
9. Nithyananda’s speeches have gathered extensive mixed reaction in the Indian press, having broadcast a range of pseudoscientific claims, including claims of delaying Sun to rise for 40 minutes, his ability to form cows speak in Tamil and Sanskrit, and explaining Einstein’s mass–energy equivalence wrong.
10. He has claimed to possess discovered over 400 esoteric powers expressible by humans and alleges having initiated his disciples into 60 such powers including kundalini and third-eye awakening.
11. Nithyananda has also claimed he and his followers were ready to perform paranormal phenomena like psychic phenomena, body scanning, remote viewing, and skill to seek out lost objects.
12. On 20 November 2019, Gujarat Police claimed that Nithyananda fled India after choosing remaining absent from several court hearings.
13. Consistent with news reports published on December 4, 2019, Nithyananda, after fleeing India, went on to buy a personal island near Trinidad and Tobago or Ecuador and founded a small nation he calls Kailaasa.
14. In December 2019, the embassy of Ecuador said that it “categorically denies the report wherever published that Nithyananda was given asylum by Ecuador or has been helped by the Government of Ecuador in purchasing any land or island in South America” but has confirmed Nithyananda had reached Ecuador after he left India, but left soon after his request for international personal protection (refuge) was denied.
15. In December 2019, a website was set up for a Hindu Nation founded by him and named Kailaasa. It claims to have a cabinet of ministers issue passports and other documents.
16. According to the website of Kailaasa, the nation is a ‘Hindu Rashtra’. The website describes it as a, ‘…nation without borders created by evicted Hindus from around the world, who lost the right to practice Hinduism authentically in their own countries.
17. Kailaasa has its passport, national flag, national bird, national animal etc.
18. The website claims that the nation even has its cabinet, which includes Department of Health, Department of State, Department of Technology, Department of Enlightened Civilization, Department of Education, Department of Human Services, Department of Housing, Department of Commerce etc.
19. The country also has its constitution, a university, a Gurukul and a TV channel.
20. The website of Kailaasa claims that the nation has a population of 100 million.
21. The languages spoken in Nithyananda’s nation are English, Sanskrit and Tamil.
22. In August 2020, he published a video of himself unveiling the “Kailashian dollars” manufactured by the “Reserve Bank of Kailasa” on his Facebook page.
21. The currency is reportedly inspired by “the ancient 56 Hindu nations” and includes 77 types of gold coins of at least eight different denominations.
22. The announcement came with the claim that a 300-page “economic policy” has been prepared which outlines “how we will be doing internal currency exchange and external world currency exchange” for which an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) has been linked with another “nation” that will “host our reserve bank”.